Christ Lutheran Church

Christ Lutheran Church is located at 75 Calebs Path,right on the Brentwood/Central Islip border.It stands on a 100 by 123 foot lot given to the congregation by Walter Geiss when it was created in the summer of 1943.Pastor Rev.Arthur F.Steinke held the first services on October 3,1943.The cahpel was built in 1944 and dedicated in November of that year.Many improvements were made to the church in the following years,such as the installation of an oil burning furnace in September 1949.
The church was incorporated on February 13,1949,when it became independent of Trinity Lutheran Church in Islip.
In June of that year,it became part of the Atlantic District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.The congreagtion grew rapidly,which made enlargement necessary,so an addition to the church was constructed.They celebrated the church's fifth anniversary at special services on October 27,1949.Christ Lutheran Church has continued to be an
important house of worship in Brentwood.

More pages